Upgrading your home efficiency can save you a significant amount of money. Your monthly energy bills decrease, you spend less on unexpected repairs and emergency service calls, and your heating and cooling systems have a longer lifespan.
But making upgrades requires some kind of an initial investment. Green Team Long Island can help Nassau and Suffolk County homeowners find financing or rebates to help make their needed retrofits and home performance improvements a reality.
Rebate Options with Green Team
If you’re a PSEG Long Island utility customer, you have several different rebates available, depending on your current HVAC system:
- 15% ($3,000 maximum) on most weatherization improvements
- Up to $950 on duct sealing, duct insulation, and CFL light bulbs for electric heat customers
- Up to $1,000/ton for electric baseboard heating customers that upgrade to air source heat pumps
- Up to $800/ton for oil heating customers without central AC who upgrade to a whole house air source heat pump solution
- Up to $600/ton for all other heating customers that upgrade to an air source heat pump solution
- Up to $2,000/ton for new geothermal heat pump installation
- $650 rebate directly from PSEG LI for air source heat pump hybrid hot water systems (specific efficiency and installation standards apply)
PSEG Long Island also offers an Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program that will cover up to 50% of energy efficiency improvements for income eligible homeowners.
Financing Options with Green Team
New York State
New York State offers several different financing options for upgrades that improve the energy efficiency of your home. Key details include:
- Interest rates from 3.49–6.99%
- 15 year term, caps at $25,000
- Typical approval in 24-48 hours
Eligible upgrades include:
- Attic insulation
- Wall insulation
- Air sealing
- Spray foam insulation
- Crawl space insulation
- Air source heat pumps
- Hot water systems
- Air conditioning systems
- and more!
Town of Babylon
Babylon homeowners have access to financing that includes:
- 3% annual interest
- Up to $15,000
- Insulation, air sealing, heating systems, air source heat pumps, and hot water systems all qualify
- Note: Cannot be used for windows, air conditioning, or solar
- No credit check! If you own a home in the Township of Babylon, you are eligible.
Third party financing
Finally, there are third party financing options as well, typically with higher spending limits and no early payment penalties. Homeowners often use this financing in conjunction with NY State or Town of Babylon-sponsored financing.
Bundled with a Solar Project
When our customers finance their solar project through Sunpower, we often help them bundle energy efficiency or HVAC improvements in with solar to take advantage of the reduced financing costs. By doing this, we can leverage our whole house approach and reduce your home’s total energy usage at the same time we add a renewable energy source.
Get the Most From Your Home with GTLI
At Green Team Long Island, we’re dedicated to helping customers throughout Long Island, from Hempstead to Babylon and Brookhaven, maximize their savings and get the most out of home efficiency upgrades. Our goal is to identify affordable home improvements that will help save you money for years to come, and we can design an energy efficiency upgrade plan that takes the most advantage of available incentives.